Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Clubs and Life

The new semester got off on a rough start. School-wise, it wasn't so bad, but in life, it's been interesting. I won't bother with that, but as far as art goes - I'm barely doing much.

With an awesome commission opportunity in the works, I was slammed with more homework (and unexpected communication delays with an instructor), that time for the commission has diminished quite a bit. I'm struggling to find time, now. I can only be thankful the deadline was pushed back. Still, it does not feel good or professional to have delays; this is an unfortunate fact of freelance, though. You never know what obstacles are thrown your way. The only thing you can do is make the best out of the situation. Even if it means a few sleepless nights. Get the job done, get it done well, and maintain a positive outlook. You don't want your client feeling bad for you - especially when it's a rather exciting experience to be working on such a large project.

Anyway, all in all, I'm getting homework under control and will be getting the commission worked on. I have been sketching more regularly this week, and hope to scan some of them in and continue some sketch dumps online. Here are a couple done this week digitally:







This may or may not be contributed to a club in the making.

Some classmates are doing well to convince me into helping organize a drawing club at my school. The woman who approached me about it said, "We can't do it without you, or at least someone like you." Indicating to my art. It's a lot of pressure when you actually realize so many people look up to your work like THAT. I'm by no means professional, even! Still, I can't deny it made me feel important and humbled all the same.

After finding some other students interested, I've seen some of their work, and I think we'll all be able to teach each other something. It will be interesting, if we can get it off the ground. Moreover, if we have the time to dedicate for it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're still keeping a positive outlook on things! It's been rough here for me as well this semester. (I feel your pain when it comes to communication delays with professors...)

    The club sounds like a wonderful idea!! That someone was thoughtful enough to approach you like that is awesome! It's hard to add more stuff to a pile of things to do, but I bet it would sure be fun. :)

    I'm also digging the dragon picture!!

    -Ikdomik

    ReplyDelete