Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts and speculations

National Novel Writing Month is coming to a close. I'm fairly certain I'll cross the finish line, but once again, it's only with 1/3 of the actual story complete. I'm going to estimate this book to range between 100,000 ~ 150,000 words, before cutting anything out and seriously editing.

I'm thinking that I may have been wrong, that UnWritten may just be a trilogy begging for completion, instead of a stand-alone. We'll see once Part I unravels. It may be a duet-ish, with only two books. We'll see once the editing phase kicks in.

Believe me, I'm SO ready to call my inner-editor to come back from vacation. :B

Besides that, I've decided I'm going to do my best to get a booth at GenCon next year. The details are fuzzy but one thing is for certain, no matter which way I go, I'm going to be working on better-painted pieces.

To start off, I'm illustrating Tal, our mute protagonist from UnWritten, as the first test dummy of sorts, for methods of painting. It's also going to be the first fully-finished and refined painting of a humanoid since...well, I can't remember. Everything before it were dragons. 'The Elder,' 'To Escape,' and 'Dreams' stands before it. Let's see if he can stand among them.

Here's a screenshot of the work in progress. Planning to refine a bit more today. (Left is the rough sketch, right is the progress of refining it. Duh, but really...)


*Edit**
And here's an update for today~

No comments:

Post a Comment