Friday, October 8, 2010

Another WIP

Atmospheric Reference is "Empire City", a beautiful painting done by gamefan84 on DeviantART. I like to keep inspiration near me when I'm working on stuff. There's more than that painting that's inspiring the atmosphere of the painting, but this is the one I had open at the time. (here's the link to the original, so you can drool over it: http://gamefan84.deviantart.com/art/Empire-City-155103601?q=boost%3Apopular+desert+city&qo=2 )

Since this past summer, I've stopped painting in color. Instead I've been painting in gray scale before applying color on a layer above it. It's helped a LOT with learning depth, but I'm still not "there" yet. I think this is a good time to test my coloring skills and try to paint in just color while still establishing depth that the gray scale paintings provided.

And yes. Another work in progress. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even finish this before getting another idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment